Today, Tmuffin is a space for parents to come and connect with other parents. Kids connect with other kids. Kids can explore in a playspace for toddlers to preschoolers to school-age kids. Parents can chill on our soft, marshmallow couches and share the
trials and tribulations wonder of parenthood. But it wasn’t always that way.
You may or may not know this, but Tmuffin started out as a blog. For about 3 years before I built a place for parents to connect in a physical space, we were connecting through the blogosphere. As I got tied up in the logistics of running a brick-and-mortar business, I took a blogging hiatus.
But here’s the thing: I really miss it.
I’m an inherent loudmouth. I’m a sharer. I’m also the kind of person who chugs information from the internet like it’s beer. I love learning from and sharing with other parents. So I’m doing it again: I’m going to blog.
Before I revamp this effort, I’ll tell you a little bit about myself and this blog so you’re not totally confused.
I don’t have ADHD. But you will feel like I do. It’s just the result of 1 open-minded chick + lots of different life experiences + two kids + a business to run + all the fabulous, interesting, curious, inspiring things that exist in the world. + all of you. That = Tmuffin. Tmuffin is a compilation of everything that goes into being a parent. It’s about dealing with balancing life as an individual and life as a parent.
Here’s what I struggle with balancing.
- I’m an artist and illustrator.
- I play the violin and am trying to learn how to fiddle.
- I’m a mom of two really energetic, curious, rambunctious kids.
- I’m a wife to a really laid-back, supportive, sweet husband.
- I’m obsessed with food and nutrition.
- I’m a seamstress and fashion designer–I used to sew much of my own wardrobe from scratch.
- I’m a cook, and I love to come up with new ways to pair flavors and fuel my health.
- I’m a hopeless DIY-er. I can’t possibly purchase pre-made if I can make it myself.
- I’m a nature lover. Nothing is better for my soul than being outdoors.
- I think this world is far too complicated. From kids’ toys to women’s beauty products, I don’t understand why everything has to have all the bells and whistles.
- In some ways, I’m not as crunchy as you think.
- In other ways, I’m much more crunchy than you think.
- I feel like my kids have inspired me in so many positive ways.
- I feel like having kids has limited me in many ways too.
- I’m kind of loud and brutally straightforward.
- I love being a mom and hanging out with my family.
- I fantasize about having an entire week (or month, or year!) to myself.
- I am most inspired when connecting and building relationships with other people.
- I get overwhelmed when there are too many people around me at once.
- I am trying really hard to do this whole “life” thing right–to be kind, successful, an individual, a good mom, a good friend, inspired, inspiring.
That’s the stuff. It defines me, it explains me, and it overwhelms me. And I’m excited about sharing it all with you, because I have a feeling a lot of you are the same way.
So stay tuned for some cheeky chatter, recipes, venting, crafts, personal care recipes, thoughts about parenting, tips on connecting with your kids (or yourself). I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.