We offer breastfeeding and birth classes at Tmuffin. Scroll down for more information.
Tmuffin Lamaze Classes Wilmington NC
We believe you are the expert of your own body. Tmuffin Lamaze classes are offered in a 2-day intensive workshop taught by Gaby Merediz, LCCE, during which you’ll prepare for your upcoming birth.
Classes take place at Well Within Chiropractic, 3803-8 Wrightsville Avenue, Wilmington, NC 28403
In many birth classes, you learn what the care providers expect from you.
In Tmuffin’s Lamaze birth classes Wilmington NC, you and your partner will learn what to expect from the care providers so that you can know your options and make the best decisions for your birth.
Of course you want a healthy baby. However, your childbirth experience is just as valued and important.
In Tmuffin’s Lamaze classes, you will learn about:
- How to build your confidence for an empowered birth
- Signs of early labor and ideas to get through this stage
- The stages and phases of labor
- Ideas for optimal positioning and techniques for managing pain
- How your labor support partner can help you with pain management
- How the body’s natural mechanisms guide the birth process
- How the body’s natural mechanisms are affected by medical interventions
- When medical interventions are necessary and unnecessary; how to make the best of them
- How to talk to your health care provider and advocate for yourself
This is a small group discussion-based class. It’s the most fun you’ll have in a birth class. Ever. Contact us to ask questions about class, or register below.
Registration is required. Please register below, or contact us directly.
Looking for a breastfeeding class in Wilmington? Scroll down.
FULL (Contact me to be placed on the waiting list)
Private Breastfeeding Classes
Baby is coming soon, and you know you want to breastfeed, but the thought is overwhelming. How do you know what to do? Where do you start? How does it work? Do you need to take a class?While you’re still pregnant, one of the best ways to learn about breastfeeding is to take a class that provides hands-on practice. Tmuffin’s breastfeeding class in Wilmington, NC, provides complete preparation for breastfeeding (as close to the real thing as possible). In fact, our goal is to prevent a call to a lactation consultant after your baby is born. In our breastfeeding class, you’ll learn:
- The benefits of breastfeeding.
- How to hold and latch your baby on.
- The supply and demand of your milk supply.
- How to encourage a positive breastfeeding relationship even before baby is born.
- About a breastfed baby’s poop and sleep.
- How to do it all: breastfeed, manage your family, and get some sleep.
- How to get support if you do experience a breastfeeding challenge.
- Where to go to have your breastfeeding questions answered after your baby is born.
Please contact Rachael Birkenhauer of Lactation Counseling Services at 614-717-8487 to inquire about private breastfeeding classes.
|Rachael Birkenhauer is a certified Lactation Counselor and a peer counselor at New Hanover Regional Medical center. She is passionate about helping mothers accomplish their breastfeeding goals and normalizing breastfeeding for the next generations.|