Birth 102 Lamaze Classes
We believe you are the expert of your own body, so you’ve already passed Birth 101. Birth 102 is a 2-day intensive workshop taught by Gaby Merediz, LCCE, during which you’ll prepare for your upcoming birth.
In Tmuffin’s Birth 102 Lamaze-style classes, you and your partner will learn about:
- How to build your confidence for an empowered birth
- Signs of early labor and ideas to get through this stage
- The stages and phases of labor
- Ideas for optimal positioning and techniques for managing pain
- How your labor support partner can help you with pain management
- How the body’s natural mechanisms guide the birth process
- How the body’s natural mechanisms are affected by medical interventions
- Pros and cons of the epidural
- Questions to ask your health care provider
- How to write a birth plan and why you need one
- Newborn choices and tests
- The importance of keeping mom and baby together after birth.
Registration is required. Please register below, or contact us directly.
Looking for a breastfeeding class in Wilmington? Click here.
New in November: Add-on Labor Coaching Session
We’re adding something new to our November class! Nicole Havelka will be joining the Tmuffin Support Team as a Labor Comfort Measure Coach! During this portion of the Tmuffin Lamaze class we will be focusing on developing and practicing comfort measures for early labor, active labor and transition. A key component to working through the powerful experience of birth is finding the ritual and rhythm that fits you as the laboring Mama and having that ritual and rhythm supported by your birth partner and team. We will practice positions for labor with hands-on guidance, develop relaxation techniques through breathing and guided meditation, and create individual mantras to help focus and guide you through the work of labor. Mamas and support partners will have the opportunity to voice lingering concerns and questions about the birth process and experience and work through them in a supportive group environment.
|Sept 21 & 28 (Sundays)
|Nov 6, 13, & 20 (Thursdays)
5:30-9 PM Includes 3rd session with hands-on practice of positions and relaxation techniques
|Dec 7 & 14 (Sundays)
- toLabor trained Doula and Workshop Co-Sponsor
- Breastfeeding Peer Counselor
- B.A. in Early Childhood Development and Education
- Placenta Encapsulation Specialist with Placenta Works (www.placentaworks.com)
- Labor Comfort Measure Coach with Tmuffin Lamaze Childbirth Education